How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events? In your response, describe the choices you made while developing your myth and explain the lesson, value, or human responsibility you wanted your story to communicate.

Creating my own creation myth helped me realize how interesting and more captivating storytelling was. I feel as if I could retain information much better by being captivated like that. stories like that help people understand their natural world better, and make sense of the reality we live in. I made my story to explain how the balance in the world worked. The moral of my story was to teach others that we have to respect one another, and that we shouldn't go around hurting each other. 

Today's assignment was all about writing our own story. The assignment was really nice because of how creative I was getting while making my story. I truly enjoyed this one, and I hope we get to do more writing like this another time in the class.

Comments