In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?
during the second week of school, I doubted my ability to edit in my AV tech class. this led me to give up my entry into making the news intro. seeing all the other entries, I'm sure I could've won, but I didn't because I doubted myself. since then, I learned I shouldn't be afraid to fail.
in class, we analyzed a poem called "I felt a funeral in my brain" by Emily Dickinson.
reading the poem made me realize how much I need to pay attention to symbolism in poems.
Comments
Post a Comment