In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

during the second week of school, I doubted my ability to edit in my AV tech class. this led me to give up my entry into making the news intro. seeing all the other entries, I'm sure I could've won, but I didn't because I doubted myself. since then, I learned I shouldn't be afraid to fail.

in class, we analyzed a poem called "I felt a funeral in my brain" by Emily Dickinson. 

reading the poem made me realize how much I need to pay attention to symbolism in poems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

august 31: Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent