sep 10: Emily struggles with letting go of people throughout her life, and the ending reveals the extreme length she went to in order to keep Homer with her. Why do you think some people have such a difficult time accepting loss or change? Connect Emily’s actions to your own observations or experiences with people struggling to let go.

 I think people have a harder time letting go because if all they've known is taken, it would be hard to go without it. Emily's father chased away many men from Emily, and when he died, she clung to the only man in her life. she did it to the extent that she denied the fact her father died, and stayed with his body until she broke down and let the townspeople discard of it.

in class we finished our writeable and watched the film adaptation of the story.

I don't really see myself as somebody that feels as if letting go is hard. I can adapt to a lot of things, so I don't really see any sort of reflection when it comes to topics like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

august 31: Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent