sep 17: Today, we learned about the two types of characterization: direct and indirect characterization. We then applied what we learned by analyzing characters from James Baldwin’s “The Rockpile” using the STEAL method: Speech, Thoughts, Effect on Others, Actions, and Looks. Now, apply characterization to yourself. If someone were using the STEAL method to characterize you, how would they describe you? Select all parts of STEAL and explain what they reveal about your personality.
S- I talk with some weird vocabulary, kinda having my own phrases I say that would be attributed to only me.
T- I tend to think more reasonably, whilst still having a somewhat overbearing confidence that can peak outside.
E- I feel as if I have a positive effect on people, considering I make most laugh, or at least try to.
A- my actions may seem childish with the way I present myself on the outside, but I like to think that my actions are a means to an end I have in mind.
L- I'm a Mexican curly head with a basic sense of style. I usually always wear a black tee.
in class we did a steal chart on a character.
im gonna start using this chart to start categorizing people.
Comments
Post a Comment