Sep 21: Have you ever had a first impression of someone that later turned out to be wrong? What made you form that first impression, and what eventually changed your mind? Based on what you have read so far, what first impression do you have of Mr. Shiflet? Explain what he has said or done that has shaped your opinion of him.

my first impression of one of my best friends was that he was a bum, emo, loser. he is a bum, but I used to think that because he was very quiet and not well kept, but now I know he's very cool and I'm glad to be his friend. my first impression of Mr. Shiftlett is that he's very mysterious for no reason. he keeps dodging simple questions and ranting on and on about random things.

in class, we began the story "the life you save could be your own"

i think the story is interesting, while being relatable since sometimes, I feel like a wanderer like Mr. Shiftlett, and appreciating every free moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

august 31: Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent