sep 4: In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

 the loss of a loved one, and hitting an anniversary of that loss makes me realize how time passes. being without them seems like ages, and yet the memories of being with them felt like seconds ago. the memories act as a marker of time for me, a flag of sorts that I can look back on to see moments in my life and how far I've come.

in class, we read a poem that talked about life's end and deaths beginning. 

it felt weird since I don't really confront the idea of death all too well. I kinda just accept it, but seeing as my loved ones can die, it makes me a bit more scared for them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

august 31: Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

In Part I of A Rose for Emily, Emily’s house stands out from the community and reflects both her past and the changes happening around her. Think about a house, building, or place that holds special memories for you. What does that place look like, what memories do you connect with it, and what does it represent